We are pleased to now be able to offer House Calls! Call 678-376-0503 to schedule your appointment.
Dr.Coval will be our primary veterinarian seeing House Calls, a veterinary assistant will be with her.
The doctors at Apalachee River Animal Hospital recognizes the need for in-home veterinary care and want to be able to better serve those with that need. Examples are:
- Senior Citizens and others that may have difficulty driving, or managing pets in the car.
- Pets that have car/carrier/veterinary hospital anxiety
- Pets that have motion sickness
- Arthritic or Giant Breed dogs that have difficulty getting in and out of vehicles
- People with multiple pets that prefer to "get 'er done" all at once.
- Busy people that simply need to save time
Here are answers to some FAQ's:
- What areas will you service via house calls? Roughly a 12-15 mile radius, primarily Dacula, Buford, Braselton/Chateau Elan, Deaton Creek Community, and Grayson. Call if you are not sure.
- How much will it cost? All fees are the same as if you were being seen at our hospital with an added trip fee of $40.
- Can I take advantage of the "Free First Visit" Offer? No, this is only available for in hospital visits.
- What pets do you see? Dogs and cats. (no pocket pets, reptiles, birds, large animals or exotics)
- Do you offer in home euthanasia? Yes this is available with our house call service. There is a fee of $175 which includes everything (trip fee, exam, euthanasia, and transport back to our hospital) EXCEPT after care, which is an individual decision (communal or private cremation, burial, etc.)
- What if my pet is very aggressive? If your pet is friendly to others at home, and just gets aggressive at the vet a house call may be the perfect solution. If our veterinarian cannot safely handle your pet then they will recommend either a second housecall (with prior calming medication having been given) or an in-office exam with sedation.
- Will I still be charged if my pet will not safely allow an exam? Yes, you will be charged the trip fee and a consultation fee. Our veterinarian will spend time consulting with you regarding all concerns you have, review past experiences and history, and make recommendations and a treatment plan as to how to proceed. We will always strive to be fair and provide you and your pet with the best possible experience and value.